Thursday, August 27, 2009

Ratatouille

It seemed quite fitting that the last meal that I cooked for my family before I left for France was French in origin. Especially because of the nature of ratatouille in the first place, it's a summer stew made from random assortments of vegetables. I purchased the aubergine (eggplant) and courgettes (zucchinis) from a farm in Connecticut and pulled the rest of the vegetables out of my fridge and just started chopping and sauteing (sauter is French for to jump). So nothing says French (or American) summer like ratatouille.

Which is not this (a fabulous Pixar movie):


But this (the ratatouille I made tonight):


Composed of things like this (plants from the community garden I worked on this summer):


More pictures from the garden
Article about the garden

No comments:

Post a Comment