Sunday, August 30, 2009

Trains, Planes, and Automobiles

So that was a great 24 hours.....not.

A collection of all things jacked up about Scandinavian Airways:
-their flight attendants are really not very nice, on average, probably the least nice flight crew I've ever encountered.
-when I bought my ticket there wasn't a place to request meal options (like it really matters though, when I flew Delta and I knew I had the vegetarian meal they still were like, oh sorry, we just don't have that), sooo woo fish for me.
-their movies and tv shows just played on loop, so it was really hard to catch an entire movie since if you decided to watch say, a tv show first, and then a movie later they were already around 30 minutes into the movie
-there was small child in front of me that was flipping out for most of the 8 hour flight and crying and hitting her mom for some strange reason and shouting things like YOU DON'T LOVE ME, NO BODY LOVES ME. WHY DON'T YOU LOVE ME?
-on the second flight from Copenhagen to Paris we didn't get anything to eat and it was 2.5 hours long. :(

but I did steal their blanket, and I got two complimentary beers (not like they were really complimentary, I paid 700 dollars for them).


Anyway, on a happier note? I got to my dorm (ici) and took the train into the city with two other Americans, one from Middlebury, and one from Columbia. I then took a three hour nap and then took a while figuring out the internet as my cable just wasn't working and I had to go down to the front desk and explain to her in broken French that I did what the instructions said to do and it still doesn't work. After I had a little love fest with my laptop and stayed on the internet for a while, and then at Elliot's insistance I wandered around the city for about a half hour and went and ate a baguette. And then I Skyped with Richarde and then Jen and all is right in the world.

1 comment:

  1. Je suis enchanté pour entendre que tu as mangé ton première baguette. As-tu vu le Tour Eiffel encore ?

    Avec beaucoup d'amour, maman

    ReplyDelete