Monday, November 9, 2009

Apartments and Rants

So I'm at this awkward turning point in my living situation where my 'contract' is up at the end of January and as long as my fake host family doesn't really hate me that much I can probably renew my so-called 'contract' until the end of May. Just because I kind of want to switch it up a little and maybe see if I can get housing closer to campus I have started looking for stuff. But in reality I won't really be able to find anything until end of December/beginning of January because anyone who is posting now is looking for people to rent now.

But all of this apartment stuff swirling around in my head got me thinking about the fact that I know no one in my building. And the fact that they all make so much freaking noise all of the time. For the past three days someone has been blasting music from god knows where at strange hours of the day. Sometimes it's Cream. Sometimes it's pop-rock. Last night at 2am it was baroque music. Really? Really? And then it always sounds like there are mice running around in my hallway and the floor above me and below me, but I have to assume, for my sanity, that they are just weird neighbors, doing weird things.

And that gets me to the one really legitimate reason why I want to move. They have started construction on my building -they are installing handicap related things, so kudos for them, but not for me when they start work at 8am on Saturdays. It definitely reminds me of last year at Guthridge and Munson, and I would not like to repeat that situation for the next seven months.

No comments:

Post a Comment