Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Ou est le metro?

The last three days in Paris have been slightly unexciting....minus the fact that I'm in Paris which is some what of a mind fuck.

We had 5 hours of orientation on Monday which proved to be useless and we had to register yesterday and most things that could have gone wrong went wrong. I am currently only signed up for 5 classes and I need 7. So I have to email the administration to make them put me into some sort of class for next next monday.

And today was my first orientation classes and oh funny story I didn't bring an alarm clock and woke up 20 minutes before my class started. Good one Amanda. And it takes 20 minutes to get to campus. The classes were good though, for the next week and a half we have methodology and French language. Both of my profs are really nice and my French teacher is a riot. She's this petit French woman with glasses and a pixie haircut who, today, wore an oversided t-shirt and like pseudo-camo pants that had zippers randomly placed on her shin area, and of course, tevas. I wish I had a picture of her. She also, instead of translating the word, would attempt to explain it in French....while acting it out. delightful.

And just so you know, I've gotten asked twice for directions already. Not that I was able to help them....but still.




The Notre Dame is kinda behind that tree. This is looking east. And I swear this is where they filmed some of the scenes from An American in Paris, minus the fact that it probably was on a sound stage.






Oh, hey Eiffel Tower from my dorm. You're kinda far away, but oh so pretty.

1 comment:

  1. 1. people would think you were french. francemanda.

    2. you would be able to see the tour eiffel from your dorm.

    3. eeew sorry about your registration, im hoping that mine isnt like that. i heard sciences po doesnt let you add/drop classes?

    ReplyDelete