Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Bike Outside Update 2010

So Ruta and I just moved into our new apartment. It's kind of super mega foxy awesome hot, I'm not gonna lie. It's in a great neighborhood, it's near where I babysit and Liz lives a five minute bike ride away.

BUT! and this is a large (in capital letters) but.

There isn't a place to store my bike inside. My bike is mostly made of shit anyway, and I wasn't and still am not too worried about someone trying to steal it. Aparently those really are the least of my worries.

Bike: Day -1: Sunday, left my bike at my old place and it was fine outside my old apartment.
Bike: Day 1: Monday, took the metro to get my bike, found it in top shape. Rode it to school, rode it home. Was raining, but not a big deal.
Bike: Day 2: Tuesday, 7:30am went outside in the dark to bike to school to a class that the prof didn't show up to to find a drunk man throwing up in front of my bike. Thank goodness it was mainly alcohol and he wasn't spewing chunks all over my bike.
Bike: Day 3: Wednesday, 9:30am walked down the block to go get my bike as someone had used my spot for their motorcycle to find my bike had LIGHT PINK SPRAY PAINT ALL OVER IT. Ruta says I now have a Barbie Bike. Someone decided it would be a good idea to tag my bike and so now it really looks like someone threw up on it....

Operation Bike Outside is not going very well. bah.

No comments:

Post a Comment