Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Bon Appétit

One of my favorite things thus far in Paris is the fact that whenever I am eating something in public at least one person says Bon Appétit! to me while they are passing by. Today I was sitting on Pont des Arts pretending to be French and scoffing at tourists with their cameras taking pictures of the bateaux and the seine and eating a pain au chocolat and a baguette. Some crazy man while going by started mumbling something in French along the lines of "Oh, wow, it's beautiful today. You're eating something. Eat that." Which I think was meant to be nice, but between me not understanding him properly and him just being crazy, it didn't come out quite right.

And then I was eating a falafel later in the day and a random guy walking past me said Bon Appétit! And then people are just all around nicey nice and I said bon soir to a maître d' and he all was like bon soir, ça va? It's like Mauritius all over again where you say hi to everyone on the street et la vie est bon.

Paris, vous êtes très mignon.

Number of times I've been asked for directions: about 7 or 8? I've lost count.

Number of couples I've seen going at it in public: 10

Falafel Watch: 4

Number of Obélisques seen: 1


Oh, and I saw this crazy japanese bookstore called Book Off today in the 2nd. And they sell everything. WTF?

No comments:

Post a Comment