Sunday, September 13, 2009

Street Art

Comes in many forms.




What I experienced today was not of the 2D kind but of the more interactive 3D variety. On this bridge it was organized quite simply. Free massages on one end, the street performer in the middle, and the bassist/piano player on the far end with the performer and the musicians switching off and on every 15 minutes or so. It was actually quite surprising as I hung around there for a half an hour with my 5th falafel of Paris that a new performer, a man who was just dancing and singing awkwardly, came up and attempting to plant some roots. The street performer promptly told the bassist, who was on his break, to go make the new guy turn off his stereo. Apparently there is street art turf. So don't go playing your banjo where you're not wanted.

This kid, who I saw before I went to get my falafel, was apparently getting the best massage of his life. Later he was breaking it down to the musicians, hardcore. I wish I had a better picture of it. Boy got moves.






Fixie fans, eat your heart out.



When they started playing A Train I wish I remembered all the words so I could have jumped up and started singing with them. Alas.


No comments:

Post a Comment